Hart House continues to make every effort to facilitate the inclusion of campus and community members with disabilities into all aspects of our facilities and services.
Patrons may gain access to the theatre by using the 10 steps via the main entrance, or the ramped, accessible entrances located off Tower Road, Queen’s Park Circle and a barrier-free entrance into the Arbor Room at Hart House Circle. The main passenger elevator travels to the theatre lobby via the Theatre (T) button.
Accessible seating is available, an accessible washroom is located in the lobby, large-print, text-only programs are available upon request and registered service animals are welcome.
To book accessible seating, inform us of an accommodation request for service animals, or seating arrangements for support persons call the Box Office (Hart House HUB) at 416-978-2452.
To make a specific request or inquiry, please email us.
Facilities for the Hearing Impaired
We are pleased to announce that our theatre has acquired Assistive Listening Devices–solutions that overcome the challenges of noise, distance, clashing conversations, and hearing loss to deliver precise and personalized audio in any setting or environment. These systems require use of headsets which are available, free of charge, at the lobby concessions counter on a first-come, first-served basis.
Patrons borrowing headsets will be asked to leave a piece of photo ID or credit card (as a form of security deposit) which will be given back when the undamaged headset is returned, following the performance.
Directions by TTC
Elevators are available at the St. George subway station but not at Museum station. The St. George Elevator Service Status Line is 416-539-5438. Press 7 for multilingual services.
From St. George subway, take the Bedford Rd. Exit:
Head south on Bedford Rd. toward Bloor St W. 78 metres
Turn right at Bloor St. W. 77 metres
Turn left at Devonshire Pl. 400 metres
Turn left at Hoskin Ave. 100 metres
Turn right on Tower Road. Follow the ramp entrance into Hart House on the west side of the building.
From Museum station, take the University Avenue West Exit
Head south on University Avenue toward Hoskin Avenue. 150 metres
Turn right on Hoskin Avenue. 150 metres
Turn left on Tower Road. Follow the ramp entrance into Hart House on the west side of the building. 73 metres
Accessible TTC Route
Before you begin your subway trip call the TTC 24-hour Information Line at 416-393-INFO (4636) and press 5 to confirm whether or not the elevators or escalators you plan to use on your trip are operating or scheduled for maintenance.
Elevators are available at the St. George subway station. The Elevator Service Status Line is 416-539-LIFT (5438). Press 7 for multilingual services.
The #5 Avenue Road bus stops directly at Hart House at the pathway on Queen’s Park Crescent West and runs from Queen’s Park to Eglinton subway station daily. Bus schedules can be found on the TTC’s website.
The #94A bus from Castle Frank station stops at Tower Road and Hoskin Avenue. The #94 from Wellesley station and Ossington station also stop at Tower Road and Hoskin Avenue.
A drop pad is located at 18 Queen’s Park Crescent West near the building loading area. Please note the drop pad is dedicated to drop-off and pickup only and cannot be used as a parking spot. For access into the building via the Founders' door, please contact the Information Hub at (416) 978-2452.
Parking & Drop Off
- The address for Hart House Theatre is 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto, ON
- Due to ongoing construction as part of the U of T Landmark project, there is no parking in the immediate vicinity.
- It is recommended that Theatre patrons arriving by car/Uber/Taxi are picked up and dropped off in the 18 Queens Park Crescent West Loading Dock where there is roundabout access.
- An alternative drop off is the Hoskin Avenue/Tower Road intersection. Please note – there is no roundabout for vehicles on Tower Road.
- Both drop off locations have ramp access to the elevator on the first floor of Hart House which leads down to the Theatre by hitting the (T) button.
- Hart House Circle from the Wellesley St underpass is closed to vehicles.
- The closest parking to the Theatre is a 6-minute walk away. Please visit the Parking Services website or Barrier free (Accessible) Parking for more information about parking on the U of T campus.
- Please visit TTC Service advisories for posted interruptions to TTC service.
Smoking has not been permitted on University premises since January 2019. All U of T community members who wish to smoke must do so on city property (e.g., St. George Street, Queen’s Park Crescent.). For more information, read the Smoke-Free Policy