Postings include both production positions that are paid with competitive honorariums to part-time Front of House, ushering or work study positions paid by the hour.
Production positions are open to the general public (including U of T students) while Front of House, ushering and/or work study positions are only open to current U of T students.
Audition notices and calls for submission are distributed through community partners and posted here.
Opportunities are not exclusive to the U of T community; any non-union performer may submit their credentials. Postings are generally distributed between the months of June and October.
Join the blend of students and professionals, actors, playwrights, dancers, directors, musicians and technicians in a unique educational opportunity!
- Opportunities for personal development and confidence building: learn a skill and meet new people.
- Rare university opportunity that allows you to work with other students, alumni, community members, university staff and theatrical industry professionals.
- Work as part of a team towards a larger goal of a high quality theatrical production.
- You will get your name and job title listed in the Hart House Theatre Program.
How to Apply:
- Contact Gillian Lewis ([email protected])
- Attend one information session for orientation (90 minutes in length). Get your questions answered in person and a full tour of the Theatre!
Production Assistant is a broad term meaning general labour who participates in a specific task or many tasks to contribute to the labour requirements
These positions are reserved for current U of T students with experience working on theatrical productions looking to expand their craft by working alongside in
Download Volunteer Information Package(pdf:783KB)
This document includes more information on Hart House Theatre, Volunteer Opportunities and Frequently asked Questions
Download Job Descriptions and Theatrical Terms(pdf:650KB)
This is a resource document for anyone interested in learning more about the staff structure and Theatrical terminology
If you are interested in volunteering at Hart House Theatre, please contact: