Outdoor education is an empowering way for youth to be immersed in and experience nature.
In the Outdoor Leadership Program, you’ll join a small group of teens for a weekend of leadership, team building, outdoor adventures and skill development.
The Program includes a full day at Hart House, on the University of Toronto's downtown St. George campus, followed by a full day trip to the Hart House Farm in Caledon.
It offers exceptional, one-of-a-kind opportunities to:
- Gain leadership and teamwork skills in an interactive and challenging environment;
- Develop valuable soft skills, including decision making, safety and risk management, time management and goal setting;
- Make new friends and develop cross-cultural communication skills;
- Enhance self-esteem and independence; and
- Have an amazing outdoor experience!
This event is open to youth ages 16-18 years.
In order to participate, a parent or guardian must complete the registration and agree to consent waivers for youth under the age of 18. Youth over 18 can complete their own registration.
Important COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Measures
At this time, the University of Toronto requires all those intending to be present on our three campuses, or on premises owned or operated by the University, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
More information on specific measures to be taken related to this Program will be provided closer to the start of the Program, as updates to public health guidelines and requirements continue to be monitored.
Please note: This Program is subject to cancellation should COVID-19 restrictions change.