Imagine a songwriters’ circle, but for music producers, online.
This drop-in, co-curricular initiative seeks to support Hart House's Hip Hop Education program by bringing together beatmakers, producers and music creators in an informal and open space to share beats, techniques, questions and ideas.
The aim of these sessions is to create a supportive music production community of practice, dedicated to creative expression and artistic development. It is meant to be an inclusive environment for music producers of all levels or anyone interested in music production.
All genres of music are welcome!
Sample Challenge—prepare a track based on the any or all of the samples below.
- Sample Items from around the house
- Sample your voice
- Mandrill — Fencewalk
- Vulfpeck — Dean Town
- Bill Withers (R.I.P) — Kissing My Love
You can use any combination you like, or just pick one to sample from.
Other things to know
- This is an Online Event that will be held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Download the Zoom desktop app here.
- Once registered here on Eventbrite, you will receive the log-in information via email 24 hours before the event starts.
- The session will not be active until shortly before 5 pm.
- You'll want to have your DAW and track ready to go before we start.
Marco Adamovic a.k.a. Vic Adamo
Marco is an educator and cultural producer. As an educator, Marco strives to facilitate positive and healthy environments for creativity, connection, and collaboration to thrive. As a cultural producer, he is a multi-instrumentalist, beatmaker, songwriter, and organizer of the things. He works with people, machines, and (mostly) good ideas. His family emigrated to Turtle Island in the 1970s from the former Yugoslavia. Marco is a graduate of the Mille Rotman Shime Academic Bridging Program, an alumnus of Katimavik, and holds an M.Ed in Leadership, Adult, and Higher Education from the University of Toronto. In closing, Ball is Life.