- How to Apply
- Submission Dates
- Grant-Writing Workshops
- Connect with Us Online
- Resources and Links
- Download Logo
Do you have an idea that could revolutionize the student experience and enhance student life? We’re putting out a call to the leaders and innovators of tomorrow!
The Hart House Good Ideas Fund has changed! We’re still here to support good (and even great) ideas on campus, and we’ve made a few modifications that will make it easier to apply:
- The GIF will fund Initiatives, events or projects with a proposed budget within the $1000-$2000 range;
- Applicants can request funding for training or workshops which will assist in the successful implementation of their idea or project;
- Successful applicants will receive one-to-one support from a Staff Advisor in the Hart House Integrated Learning and Community Engagement team. This includes event planning, implementation, evaluation, and communications support;
If you have a great idea, project, or event that you think will address, draw attention to an issue, or build community, we want to hear from you! There are three central categories through which you can apply:
- Arts and Culture
Hart House is committed to the arts and various expressions of culture that take place on all three U of T campuses. In addition to showcasing cultural events, the GIF wants to give your creative projects a boost! Whether you’re a singer / songwriter, rapper, novelist, playwright, or have another project in mind, we want to support your work!
Examples could include creation of a musical composition or performance / presentation, or visual arts project in partnership with a community organization, etc.
- Dialogue Initiatives
As a central space and place on campus for student activity, Hart House seeks to support initiatives which bring communities together through dialogue. As a tool for social change, dialogue can be most effective when it acts as a convenor for different groups of people, perspectives, and beliefs, and is facilitated in a thoughtful way.
Examples could include: hosting a conference on interfaith dialogue; bringing together international and domestic students into meaningful weekly dialogues with each other, etc.
Hart House encourages exploration and participation in the multitude of ways which students can build community and support their academic careers through wellness and wellness-related activities.
Examples could include: hosting a wheelchair basketball tournament; providing mindfulness meditation training to your executive in order to facilitate weekly sessions, etc.
How to Apply
Good to know – What the Good Ideas Fund does not support
The Good Ideas Fund is not designed to support the following activities:
- Events that have already taken place;
- Off-campus events (i.e. events not on any of the 3 campuses);
- Fundraisers / Charity events;
- Capital Expenses (such as equipment costs);
- Academic Projects;
- Travel Expenses;
Applications which are primarily for these purposes will not be considered.
All funding decisions are made by a committee of students and staff.
There will be one deadline per term (fall and winter) – rolling applications will be accepted:
Fall Term: Sunday, October 1, 2017 – 11:59 pm
Winter Term: Sunday, January 21, 2018 – 11:59 pm
Applicants must submit their applications a minimum of four weeks before the proposed event/experience
Grant-Writing Workshops (Co-hosted by ULIFE, Hart House Good Ideas Fund, Student Initiatives Fund)
Interested in improving your grant-writing skills? Want to learn about the various funding sources on campus?
Attend one of our collaborative grant-writing workshops!
These workshops will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Learn about the various funding opportunities on campus and how to write a wholesome application.
- Identify and refine your idea, initiative or event through staff and peer engagement.
Friday, November 3, 2017, 1-2:30pm, Koffler Centre, Room 313
Thursday, January 18, 2017, 1-2:30pm, Koffler Centre Room 313
Monday, March 26, 2018; 12-1:30, Koffler Centre Room 313
For more information, please contact Jennifer Galley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Us Online
- Good Ideas Fund on Twitter
- Good Ideas Fund on Facebook
- Questions regarding the Good Ideas Fund? Contact: email@example.com or Staff Advisor Marco Adamović
Resources and Links
- Ian Orchard Student Initiatives Fund
- Partnership Fund
- Student Enhancement Fund
- Student Group Initiative Funding
- The Dean’s International Initiatives Fund
- Student Initiative Fund
- Dean’s Student Initiatives Fund
- Undergraduate Research Fund
- Materials Science and Engineering Student Initiative Fund