Accessibility at Hart House
Hart House continues to make every effort to facilitate the inclusion of campus and community members with disabilities into all aspects of our facilities and services. Current accommodations include: elevator, accessible washrooms, portable ramps and a TTY phone at the main information desk (HUB). New and/or replacement counters and doorways in washrooms and at the HUB, the Theatre Lobby and UofT Tix were designed with accessibility in mind.
- Accessible West entrance ramp off Tower Road
- Accessible washroom on main floor, east wing, lower gallery, outside the Great Hall
To make a specific request or inquiry, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY CHANGE TO ACCESSIBLE PARKING: Download pdf.
The closest Subway Stop is Museum. Walk south from the subway exit on the west side of University Avenue, cross Hoskin Avenue and continue south on Queen’s Park Circle about 30m. Take the pathway leading to the right into the campus. Go down the steps and you will be right in front of Hart House. The accessible entrance is located on the west side of the building south of Hoskin Ave.
Accessible TTC Route
Before you begin your subway trip call the TTC 24-hour Information Line at 416 393-INFO (4636) and press 5 to confirm whether or not the elevators or escalators you plan to use on your trip are operating or scheduled for maintenance.
Elevators are available at the St. George subway station. The Elevator Service Status Line is 416 539-LIFT (5438). Press 7 for multilingual services.
From St. George subway, take the Bedford Exit:
- Head south on Bedford Rd. toward Bloor St W. 78 meters
- Turn right at Bloor St. W. 77 meters
- Turn left at Devonshire Pl. 0.4 km
- Turn left at Hoskin Ave. 0.1 km
- Turn right on Tower Road. Follow the ramp entrance into Hart House on the west side of the building.
University of Toronto Parking:
In September 2008, Hart House launched an Accessibility Fund specifically geared toward supporting reasonable accommodations for students wanting to be involved in non-academic activities either organized by Hart House, or taking place at Hart House and organized by University of Toronto affiliated groups (i.e. student groups or departments, divisions or faculties).
Eligibility: The fund is intended to provide events based support, and is open to all full and part time U of T students.
- Students requiring an accommodation for a Hart House based event should email@example.com minimum of 2 weeks in advance, with their request.
- The email should include their name, student number, contact information and the details of their accommodation request and the event they would like to attend.
- Requests will be considered on a first-come first-served basis.
Questions about the Fund should be directed to Jenifer Newcombe: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.978.5204.