THE BIRDS is a new psychological thriller inspired by the Daphne DuMaurier short story and Alfred Hitchcock film of the same name.
New York socialite Daphne Daniels is headed to an old family cottage for a weekend of R&R with her brother and husband, but when her husband is unexpectedly delayed and their neighbours turn out to be Daphne’s old flame and his new girl, tensions run high. Things take a bizarre turn when reports of violent bird attacks start flooding the airwaves and the sudden crisis brings out everyone’s deepest fears and darkest convictions. Inspired by the toll isolation and political propaganda took on many during the past few years of the global COVID-19 pandemic, The Birds examines what happens when the line between truth and paranoia becomes dangerously blurred.
Preshow Artist Chat
Come to the matinee early to enjoy an in-depth discussion with THE BIRDS director and writer Emily Dix and show producer Conor Fitzgerald. Admission is included in ticket purchase.
- Saturday, December 10 1:00 pm
Parking and Drop Off:
- Due to ongoing construction as part of the U of T Landmark project, there is no parking in the immediate vicinity.
- It is recommended that if you are arriving by car/Uber/Taxi you are picked up and dropped off in the 18 Queens Park Crescent West Loading Dock, where there is roundabout access.
- An alternative drop off is the Hoskin Avenue/Tower Road intersection.
- Please note – there is no roundabout for vehicles on Tower Road.
- Both drop off locations have ramp access to the elevator on the first floor of Hart House which leads down to the Theatre by hitting the (T) button.
- Hart House Circle from the Wellesley St underpass is closed to vehicles.
- The closest parking to the Theatre is a 6-minute walk away.
- Please visit the Parking Services website for more information about parking on the U of T campus.
- Please visit TTC Service advisories for posted interruptions to TTC service.
- The closest subway stop is Museum Station.
We encourage you to plan ahead and give yourself extra time if you are thinking of driving or parking.
More information is available through our Visitor Info page.
Theatre Rules & Etiquette
If you're looking for further Ticketing, Accessibility or General Information, please see Theatre Rules & Etiquette.