Hart House Theatre's second annual Musical Theatre Slam in partnership with Singular Sensation is an inclusive way for students and emerging artists to join together and showcase their talent. Cheer on our Top 10 submissions as they belt it out and aim to become the 2023 Musical Theatre Slam Winner live on our stage!
Top Award Winners:
1. Christopher Sherwood (He/They)
2. Annelise Hawrylak (She/They)
3. Olivia Varma (She/Her)
Wildcard Award Winner:
Max Webb Comor (He/Him)
Performers participating in the live event will receive a $25 gift card and the panel of Judges will choose the top 3 performances. From the top 3, one performer will be crowned the Musical Theatre Slam Winner. There will also be a Wild Card Award chosen by the Competition Judges from the remaining submissions not selected for the live performance opportunity.
The Winner of the Musical Slam will also be given a special guest performer slot at February's LIVE musical theatre open mic party on Monday, February 27, 2023 at Mandy's Bistro. The performance will include 3 musical theatre selections with dialogue accompanied by a live pianist. The performer will also have access to private virtual coachings with Director/Producer Jeni Walls and Choreographer/Director Stephan Dickson as well as a music rehearsal with the music director in advance of the live performance.
Hart House strongly encourages the wearing of masks.
Effective July 1, masks are no longer required to be worn in all indoor spaces of Hart House, including the Hart House Theatre, Hart House Fitness Centre, and the Justina M. Barnicke Gallery at Hart House. We ask everyone to respect others' decisions, comfort levels & health needs.
For up-to-date protocols on visiting U of T campuses, please see the Covid planning update on the U of T website. If you do not have a mask, one will be offered to you at the Information HUB or Fitness Information Desk. Please see U of T's latest statement on masks.
Parking and Drop Off:
- Due to ongoing construction as part of the U of T Landmark project, there is no parking in the immediate vicinity.
- It is recommended that if you are arriving by car/Uber/Taxi you are picked up and dropped off in the 18 Queens Park Crescent West Loading Dock, where there is roundabout access.
- An alternative drop off is the Hoskin Avenue/Tower Road intersection.
- Please note – there is no roundabout for vehicles on Tower Road.
- Both drop off locations have ramp access to the elevator on the first floor of Hart House which leads down to the Theatre by hitting the (T) button.
- Hart House Circle from the Wellesley St underpass is closed to vehicles.
- The closest parking to the Theatre is a 6-minute walk away.
- Please visit the Parking Services website for more information about parking on the U of T campus.
- Please visit TTC Service advisories for posted interruptions to TTC service.
- The closest subway stop is Museum Station.
We encourage you to plan ahead and give yourself extra time if you are thinking of driving or parking.
More information is available through our Visitor Info page.
Learn more here. For any questions please email U of T Spotlight.