Hart House Theatre proudly hosts Canada’s largest university dance festival – The Hart House U of T Festival of Dance (FoD).
Created 28 years ago as an avenue to provide dance groups on campus the opportunity to perform on stage for an audience, The Hart House U of T Festival of Dance has now grown into a celebration of the diversity and prosperity of the U of T dance community. Past events have included over 60 different dance pieces, well over 200 performers and an impressive variety of dance forms including jazz, ballet, ballroom, modern, contact improv, hip-hop, musical theatre, Irish, Latin, K Pop and Egyptian belly dancing, just to name a few. With such an abundance of dance groups associated with U of T, participation in the festival is a great opportunity for dance groups to interact, collaborate and promote their own work and ventures.
Festival Groups and Schedule
Friday, March 31:
- Talk That Talk - Reverie Dance Team
- Space Between - Independant (Hsin-Ning Chuang)
- The Beginning (part 1) - Skule Dance Club
- Wonderland - Independant (Shawna Moore)
- Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux Variation - Independant (Hayley Ng)
- Alive - Independent (Shelley Mayer)
- The Beginning (part 2) - Skule Dance Club
- Dice - Reverie Dance Team
- The Spring Enchantment - Yun Dance Crew
- Blooming, again. - Independent (Chloé Castrucci)
- La Vivandière - Independent (Estelle Tang)
- The Beginning (part 3) - Skule Dance Club
- Junoon - The Passion for Dance - Junoon
- Same Scent - Pandemonium Dance Crew
- Moonlight, Part 1 - Moonlight Ballet
- Sability - Afro-Dance and Culture Club
- Girl Crush - Independent (Helen Su)
- Moonlight, Part 2 - Moonlight Ballet
- BOO - FLUX
- Maniac - Independent (Sammi Herlich)
- ANTIFRAGILE - Pandemonium Dance Crew
- Non-Stop Bhangra - U of T Bhangra
Saturday, April 1:
- Feel My Rhythm - U of T K-pop Dance Crew (UTKD)
- Culture - UofT Jhalak Student Club
- Maleshevka - Macedonian Folk Ensemble "Ilinden"
- Rising of the Goddess - JOanneDancer
- After LIKE - U of T K-pop Dance Crew (UTKD)
- Watch What You Say - Only Human Dance Company (OHDC)
- Zhetvarka - Macedonian Folk Ensemble "Ilinden"
- Panorama - U of T K-pop Dance Crew (UTKD)
- Overtime - Numonic Hip Hop
- Stolen Kiss - DeVoy Academy of Irish Dance
- Classical Tamil Dance - Jimmiki Pondu - Independent (Jirociny)
- That's Life - Only Human Dance Company (OHDC)
- 2 Baddies - U of T K-pop Dance Crew (UTKD)
- Cold/Hot - Hart House Dance Classes
- Feel The Light - Dynamik
- Green-Eyed - Rise Dance Company
- Overture - Independent (Alaya Butler)
- Wonderful Mystery - Independent (Joann Wanda Rossitter)
- ANTIFRAGILE - Independent (Rebecca Xu)
- Ghost Town - Rise Dance Company
- Three Inches of Heaven - YUN Dance Crew
- Luar do Sertão - Forró For All
- Sugar Rush Ride Gone Bad - Dynamik
- Swans - Independent (Eunnie An)
- R.I.S.E - Rise Dance Company
- SV MASALA MADNESS - Spicy Vindaloos
Hart House strongly encourages the wearing of masks.
Effective July 1, masks are no longer required to be worn in all indoor spaces of Hart House, including the Hart House Theatre, Hart House Fitness Centre, and the Justina M. Barnicke Gallery at Hart House. We ask everyone to respect others' decisions, comfort levels & health needs.
For up-to-date protocols on visiting U of T campuses, please see the Covid planning update on the U of T website. If you do not have a mask, one will be offered to you at the Information HUB or Fitness Information Desk. Please see U of T's latest statement on masks.
Parking and Drop Off:
- Due to ongoing construction as part of the U of T Landmark project, there is no parking in the immediate vicinity.
- It is recommended that if you are arriving by car/Uber/Taxi you are picked up and dropped off in the 18 Queens Park Crescent West Loading Dock, where there is roundabout access.
- An alternative drop off is the Hoskin Avenue/Tower Road intersection.
- Please note – there is no roundabout for vehicles on Tower Road.
- Both drop off locations have ramp access to the elevator on the first floor of Hart House which leads down to the Theatre by hitting the (T) button.
- Hart House Circle from the Wellesley St underpass is closed to vehicles.
- The closest parking to the Theatre is a 6-minute walk away.
- Please visit the Parking Services website for more information about parking on the U of T campus.
- Please visit TTC Service advisories for posted interruptions to TTC service.
- The closest subway stop is Museum Station.
We encourage you to plan ahead and give yourself extra time if you are thinking of driving or parking.
More information is available through our Visitor Info page.