Open (Hart) House provided a once-in-a-century opportunity to engage with all of the people, activities and spaces that have made Hart House such an important part of the student experience at the University of Toronto since 1919. The largest and most public-facing event in our year-long centennial lineup of activities, Open (Hart) House welcomed U of T alumni, staff, students, faculty, and the public for a 100th Anniversary reunion-themed Open House. The entire house came alive with activations and live entertainment that spoke to the shared memories and experiences of Hart House’s many different stakeholders.
Activities and Performances
Revival of the Hart House Pub in the Quad
Dedicated reunion spaces by decades
- Reunion #1: 1919-1969
- Reunion #2: 1970-1989
- Reunion #3: 1990-2009
- Reunion #4: 2010-2019
My Hart House Moment Photo Booth in the Map Room
- Hart House Interactive Timeline Map.
Gallery Grill, Sparkling Wine Tasting and Viols Performance with Joelle Morton
- Courtesy of Tawse Winery.
Family-Friendly Crafts in the Hart House Reading Room
- Kids button making and hat making.
Hart House Ex-Wardens’ Panel Discussion in the Hart House Quad
- Moderator: John Monahan. Panel Guests: Hart House Ex-Wardens – Louise Cowin, Peter Turner, Richard Alway, Margaret Hancock, and others.
Hart House Fitness Centre Exercise Room Screenings
- Definitely NOT the Opera, Podcast.
- A THUNDERING HERD documentary, film makers present for Q+A.
- Definitely NOT the Opera, Repeat Podcast.
- Archery in the Hart House Fitness Centre.
- Hart House Fitness Centre: Pool Open Swim.
“Pop-up” Hart House Choir workshop and rehearsal in the Hart House Library
- All interested singers are welcome to join.
"Pop-up” Hart House Performance in the Great Hall
100th Anniversary Gift Shop in the Hart House Quad
- Visit the Gift Shop to purchase your keepsake.
God of Gods: A Canadian Play Exhibit
- View the Justina M. Barnicke Gallery at Hart House/Art Museum to view the exhibit.
Hart House Theatre Performance Rocky Horror Show
- A showcase from an upcoming 2019-2020 Hart House Theatre Season Performance in the Great Hall.