Hart House Theatre Policies
Camera and Recording Device Policy:
Cameras and all other types of recording devices are not permitted in the Theatre and may be confiscated if used during a performance. Patrons who violate this policy may be expelled from the premises.
The use of cell phones and other electronic devices is strictly prohibited while in the auditorium. For the safety of the performers and the enjoyment of the audience we ask that patrons turn off all their devices.
Late Seating Policy:
Every effort is made to start performances on time unless there is an unavoidable delay. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the Front of House staff. In the case of a reserved house, latecomers forgo their right to their reserved seat and will be seated at the back of the auditorium or in the most easily accessible seats. If there is an intermission, patrons who were late arriving can find their reserved seat location during the intermission.
Individual producers retain the right to set their own late seating policy. Please check with the box office (416-978-8849) for information.
Hart House Theatre is a non-smoking facility. When productions call for smoking on stage for Artistic reasons herbal cigarettes are used. All fog/haze effects used in Hart House Theatre use non-harmful water based fluid.
Lost and Found:
Lost and Found items should be reported to the Theatre’s General Manager at 416.946.0314
Hart House Theatre’s auditorium is wheelchair accessible via the Hart House elevator. Hart House’s accessible entrance is the West Entrance located on Tower Road. Patrons can then use the elevator to the “SB” (Sub Basement) level to gain entrance to the Theatre’s lobby. Please inform the Box Office when ordering tickets if you require accessible seating, accommodation for service animals or seating for support persons.
Emergencies or First-Aid:
In case of any medical emergency please contact the nearest usher.
Children/Babes in Arms:
It is strongly recommended that children under 8 years of age not be brought to the theatre except for specifically advertised family and community events. Please contact the box office for age appropriate information for specific productions. Due to fire regulations all patrons, including children and babies, require a ticket for admittance.
Every patron must have a ticket:
Fire regulations do not permit the Theatre to fill the house beyond its capacity. There are no exceptions to this requirement including infants and children.
Ticketing Terms & Conditions
- Single tickets are final sale and Hart House Theatre cannot issue refunds or exchange tickets.
- Hart House Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission and expel from the premises any person whose presence or conduct it deems objectionable.
- Hart House Theatre reserves the right to provide alternate seats to those specified on the ticket.
- All programs and artists are subject to change without notice.
- There is no food or drink permitted in the theatre, with the exception of water.
- Avoid unwrapping candies and cough drops during the performance.
- Avoid talking, coughing, humming, rustling programs or kicking the backs of the seats during the performance.
- Refrain from wearing strongly perfumed beauty products and fragrances.
- Remain in your seat until the performance has completely ended and the house lights have been turned on.