Be a part of the action!
Arts / Debates / Literary & Library / Music / Farm / Social Justice / Recreational Athletics / Finance / Alumni / Theatre
Hart House Vision
Hart House is a living laboratory of social, artistic, cultural and recreational experiences where all voices, rhythms and traditions converge. As the vibrant home for the education of the mind, body and spirit envisioned by its founders, Hart House encourages and supports activities that provide spaces for awakening the capacity for self-knowledge and self-expression.
Apply for Nomination
There are 10 Student Standing Committees, which represent broad areas of interest and learning. By completing this application form, you are indicating your interest in becoming a secretary of one of those committees (see Role of the Committee Secretary below).
Applicants must have served on a Hart House Committee. Applicants must also be a University of Toronto student during their proposed tenure.
Feb. 28, 2014
How to Apply for Nomination:
Apply online below, or download and print the Word document, and submit it to the Hart House HUB information desk (main floor), “Attention: Standing Committee Secretary Nomination” with your resume attached.
Role of the Committee Secretary
as approved by the Hart House Board of Stewards, February, 2014:
- Serve on the Board of Stewards
- Call a minimum of six (6) meetings over the 12-month term
- Set the Agenda for each meeting
- Act as a liaison with staff advisor(s) and Chair of Committee
- Attend Board of Steward Meetings
- Oversee the budget of the Committee along with the Treasurer
- Participate on Committee on Budgets and other working groups as needed
- Submit a written report to Board of Stewards for each meeting
- Participate in the discussion of the Board of Stewards and bring back to the committee decisions of the Board of Stewards
- Communicate concerns of the Committee to the Board of Stewards as appropriate
The following is provided as guidelines for the Role of the Board of Stewards:
- To approve policy
- To approve the annual budget and fund-raising plans
- Work with the Warden to determine the strategic vision and priorities of Hart House
- Provide oversight and advice on the operations of the House.
- Recognize the difference in role and function of administration and governance
- Represent constituent committee and members at large
Download 2014 Hart House Committee Secretary Election Process document.