Hart House is a place of learning, expression and fun.
Be a part of that action!
Arts / Debates / Literary & Library / Music / Farm / Social Justice / Recreational Athletics / Finance / House / Alumni / Theatre
Student Standing Committees meet approximately every 3 weeks – some in the morning, some in the evening depending on student availability. Through your commitment and input, you will learn about committee process, event planning and management, and financial management – at the same time as making your voice heard and your ideas a reality!
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have served on a Hart House Committee.
Nominations: Feb. 11 to Mar. 1, 2013
Elections: Mar. 11 and Mar. 12, 2013
How to apply for nomination: Apply online below, or download and print the Word document, and submit it to the Hart House HUB information desk (main floor), “Attention: Standing Committee Secretary Nomination” with your resume attached.
Role of the Committee Secretary, as approved by the Hart House Board of Stewards, February, 2012:
- Serve on the Board of Stewards
- Call a minimum of six (6) meetings over the 12-month term
- Set the Agenda for each meeting
- Act as a liaison with staff advisor(s) and Chair of Committee
- Attend Board of Steward Meetings
- Oversee the budget of the Committee along with the Treasurer
- Participate on Committee on Budgets and other working groups as needed
- Submit a written report to Board of Stewards for each meeting
- Participate in the discussion of the Board of Stewards and bring back to the committee decisions of the Board of Stewards
- Communicate concerns of the Committee to the Board of Stewards as appropriate
The following is provided as guidelines for the Role of the Board of Stewards:
- To approve policy
- To approve the annual budget and fund-raising plans
- Work with the Warden to determine the strategic vision and priorities of Hart House
- Provide oversight and advice on the operations of the House.
- Recognize the difference in role and function of administration and governance
- Represent constituent committee and members at large
Download Hart House Committee Secretary Election Process_2013 document.
Online Standing Committee Secretary Application