Over the next few years, starting this spring, Hart House will be revitalized, not only to repair and maintain the building, but to help launch us into the next century by creating rejuvenated spaces all across the House.
As you know, our mandate is to provide an inclusive, accessible and safe space for all. During construction, we will be particularly committed to keeping as much of the House open and operational as possible for the benefit of students. We will do our best to minimize disruptions or find replacement options for all our members. Keep an eye on this page for ongoing updates.
- Art Museum: Justina M. Barnicke Gallery closed for HVAC installation April–June
- Arbor Room: closed for major renovation including floor repairs and accessible patio entrance May–December
- Sammy’s Multicultural Eatery: last day of service on April 27, 2017 (temporary food services will be available at Hart House September–December)
- Swimming Pool: repair of skylight June–August (reciprocal agreement allows Hart House members to use the Athletics Centre pool from June to August 14)
- Hart House Theatre: accessibility upgrade including wheelchair seating, lift onto stage and all-gender washroom July–August
- Elevator: closure for three-week repair in August
- West Entrance: accessible ramp closed for upgrade (temporary entrance via Queen’s Park/Great Hall entrance July–August)
- NEW! Hart House Café at Gallery Grill offering morning coffee, espresso, tea and pastries opens May 2017
- GRAND OPENING! New and improved Arbor Room and food service area January 2018
For more information contact: email@example.com