Over the next few years, starting this spring, Hart House will be revitalized, not only to repair and maintain the building, but to help launch us into the next century by creating rejuvenated spaces all across the House.
As you know, our mandate is to provide an inclusive, accessible and safe space for all. During construction, we will be particularly committed to keeping as much of the House open and operational as possible for the benefit of students. We will do our best to minimize disruptions or find replacement options for all our members. Keep an eye on this page for ongoing updates.
- Arbor Room: closed for major renovation including floor repairs, new servery and accessible patio entrance. Re-opens in 2018.
- Hart House Theatre: accessibility upgrade including wheelchair seating, lift onto stage and accessible washrooms.
- Art Museum: Justina M. Barnicke Gallery has a new heating and cooling system providing an optimum environment for the gallery.
- Swimming Pool: there is new grouting on tiles, doors have been refurbished and the entire area has undergone a complete renewal.
- Accessibility: improvements are ongoing, but some of our completed projects include installation of wheelchair accessible push-button technology on the heritage doors of the Hart House Library; new accessible ramp on the Queen’s Park Great Hall entrance.