“Be water, my friend.” —Bruce Lee
If you know anything about martial arts—or martial arts movies—you’ll understand what it means to “be water.” Studying the martial arts is a lifelong journey away from the ego. It may take some kicking and punching to get there, but whether you choose judo, tai chi or capoeira, learning technique is just the first step. Our instructors can help lead you in your training from beginner to ranking contender.
For an overview of classes, download the Hart House Classes and Workshops guide and schedule.
Hart House Martial Arts instructors are highly ranked competitors who have devoted years of dedicated practice to their art. With understanding and compassion, they lead students through drills and exercises to develop technique and build strength. Classes are taught so students may progress at their own pace. Meet our martial arts instructors.
Choose a Class
The Martial Arts classes listed below are offered this term. If you can’t find the class you want, check back again next term. Select a class for more information and to register:
- Shorinji-Kan Jiu Jitsu - 4800
- Judo - Beginner - 4814
- Judo - Intermediate - 4815
- Judo - Advanced - 4816
- T'ai Chi Ch'uan Novice I - 4817
- T'ai Chi Ch'uan Novice II - 4818
- Capoeira - 4819
- Naginata - 4820
- Shaolin Kung-Fu - 4821
- Tae Kwon Do - Intermediate/Advanced - 4822
- Tae Kwon Do - Advanced Black Belt - 4823
- Tae kwon Do - Beginner - 4824
- Judo - Intermediate - 4999
- T'ai Chi Ch'uan Novice I - 5000
- Capoeira - 5001
- Naginata - 5002
- Shaolin Kung-Fu - 5003
- Tae Kwon Do - Intermediate/Advanced - 5004