Good Ideas Fund
Your good ideas help enhance student life. Tell us about a film screening, conference, exhibit, performance, or other activity and you could be awarded up to $1000 towards making it happen.
The Good Ideas Fund is open to all full- or part-time U of T students and to any U of T student group on all campuses
Funding priorities for the GIF include:
- Activities or projects that reflect the Hart House Vision
- Activities or projects that enhance or have a significant impact on student life on campus
- Activities or projects open to all students and that benefit all students
- Activities that promote diversity, collaboration and interaction between student groups
Applications will be assessed on how well they meet these criteria and the quality of the impact they have on the U of T student community. Successful applicants are eligible to receive up to $1,000 in funding for the Summer 2013-14 academic term, for on-campus events only.
Applicants must submit their application a minimum of four weeks before the event. AND, Please note that to be considered, applications must also be submitted before the following dates: June 3rd, July 1st and August 5th, 2013 – as they are reviewed once per month by the student committee. Meaning that you should submit at least 4 weeks prior to your event and before the dates above to be considered for the following month.
We will begin accepting applications for the Summer 2013/14 academic term starting May 15th, 2013. Deadlines for the entire 2013-2014 year will be posted by the end of September 2013.
The Good Ideas Fund will award a total of $11,000 to student groups on campus for the 2013-14 academic year. We will accept applications on a rolling basis until this amount has been fully dispersed.
We encourage you to review all FAQs and information available in the links on this page before applying. Many of your questions will be answered there.
For any questions related to the Good Ideas Fund, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing your good ideas!
- Good Ideas Fund on Twitter
- Good Ideas Fund on Facebook
- Good Ideas Fund FAQs
- Good Ideas Fund Final Evaluation Report
Campus Resources and links:
- Student Life U of T
- Dean’s Student Initiatives Fund
- Ian Orchard Student Initiatives Fund
- Victoria College Student Special Projects Fund
- Undergraduate Research Fund
Good Ideas supported in past years:
- Caribbean Studies Conference – Diaspora Voices;
- Sustainable Engineer’s Association – Annual Conference
- Sustainable Energy Fair 2011;
- UTM Music Club – Charity Dinner for the United Way;
- Urban Studies Students Union – Let’s Talk Toronto: Introducing Toronto municipal affairs; to U of T Students, encouraging civic engagement;
- University of Toronto Entrepreneurial Society – ‘Discover’ Lecture and Discussion night
- Chinese Magazine at U of T – 2011 Life Sciences Conference
- Intersections (Mobilities) Speaker Series
- Students Against Climate Change—Green Jobs Fair
- David Suzuki at Convocation Hall
- Equity Studies Student Union Conference – Decolonize our Minds
- G-8 Research Group
- Mindwaves Literary Journal
- Juxtaposition Launch
- Amnesty International Conference – Water: A Human Right?
- University of Toronto Health and Human Rights Conference
- U of T China Conference 2009
- Sustainable Energy Fair 2009
- Writer’s Co-op Spoken Word Event – Exchanging Notes
- Immunology Students Association Annual Conference
- Bhakti Yoga Club – Sacred World: A Vedic Perspective on Ecology
- Engineers without Borders – Scavenger Hunt
- U of T International Students Union – Cultural Talent Show