Hart House Connect to Win Sweepstakes–OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
Entry is limited to University of Toronto students who currently reside in Toronto, Ontario and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of the sweepstakes. A valid student card must be presented to accept the prize.
Grand Prize ($231.18 value based on $50 fitness class)
- Two tickets to the Hart House St. Patrick’s Day Céilí ($20)
- Two tickets to 7 Stories at Hart House Theatre ($30)
- Brunch or lunch at the award-winning gourmet restaurant, Gallery Grill ($50)
- A voucher to be redeemed at the Hart House Fitness Centre for a registered fitness class of your choice ($20-70)
- Two vouchers for a free Colour Night Photography class on April 22, 2017, 6-9 pm ($60)
- Bottle of maple syrup from the Hart House Farm ($8)
- Sports bag ($7.69)
- Water bottle ($5.49)
How to enter
1 Participants must sign up for the Hart House Weekly newsletter using harthouse.ca/win. Participants can unsubscribe at the end of the Sweepstakes. Each newsletter subscription counts as one entry per person. To obtain additional entries, participants are encouraged (but not required) to share Hart House’s Facebook and Instagram posts, as well as tweets, that: a) use the #ConnectToWin and #HartHousePrizePack hashtags and B) are released during the month of September, 2016.
2 Hart House is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
1 One name will be selected by random draw at 10 am on February 1, 2017. They will be contacted by email and announced on our social media channels on February 2, 2017, provided they have confirmed acceptance of the prize by email. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the following 72 hours, does not complete the necessary eligibility forms, is not otherwise an eligible participant, or does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize will be awarded to an alternate participant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner. To claim the prize, a potential winner must comply with the Official Rules for this Sweepstakes and must fill out and return a Declaration and Release, including a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners.
Confirmation of Potential Winners
1 By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Return of any prize notification as non-deliverable or failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in disqualification, and an alternate entrant may be randomly selected in accordance with the Official Rules.
- By participating, entrants agree: (1) that Sponsor may (unless prohibited by law) use winner’s name, city of residence, photograph, image and/or likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes, without further review or compensation, in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide; and (2) to hold Sponsor, its parent, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and other agents, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit or affect in any way an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor reserves the right (1) to disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Sweepstakes; and/or (2) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes, for any reason, including if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control destroys the integrity of this Sweepstakes or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes or any part thereof. Online entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic, or form filling software to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
- Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes, or to be acting in any manner Sponsor deems to be in violation of the Official Rules or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes in whole or in part.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS Sweepstakes IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Personal information gathered by Sponsor will be used for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes, contacting potential winners and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.