Hart House Finance Committee
The Hart House Finance Committee provides opportunities to learn valuable skills in financial management by participating in conversations and decisions about budgetary and financial policies and issues. We welcome students from all disciplines. It’s an opportunity for students enrolled in finance-related degree programs to bring theory to practice and for all students to gain financial literacy. The Finance Committee’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Review and provide input to the preparation of the draft operating budget
- Review and recommend for approval the annual operating budget to the Board of Stewards (B of S)
- Review performance of operating budget on a quarterly basis
- Approve capital budget expenditures
- Review performance of capital expenditures to capital budget
- Receive and review the annual recommendations from the Committee on Budgets for allocations to the Clubs and Committees
- Approve financial policy changes
- Additional projects as required
Finance Committee Meetings
The Finance Committee meets in open session once per month on a Tuesday:
2018 Meeting time:
- September 18th, 8:00 – 9:00 am, Bickersteth Room, 3rd floor
- October 16th, 8:00 – 9:00 am, Bickersteth Room, 3rd floor
- November 13th, 8:00 – 9:00 am, Bickersteth Room, 3rd floor
- December 4th, 8:00 – 9:00 am, Bickersteth Room, 3rd floor
Financial Literacy Workshop:
This year, Finance Committee is collaborating with Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) to deliver 2 series of workshops:
- Monthly workshops focusing on teaching post-secondary students about how credit works and what debt can do to future financial plans. Students will learn practical ways to take control of their finances.
- Four workshops on Saving Strategies throughout the year. This workshop will help you develop the right mind-set to gain control over your money and achieve your financial goals.
Students don’t need to have any financial background, everyone is welcome to join us! This is an excellent opportunity for students from all disciplines to gain financial literacy!