Work at Hart House and gain valuable real-world experience and transferable skills that will help build your resume and your community.
Are you great at talking to people? Want to hone your leadership skills? Looking to expand your network? Excited to engage with the community? Positions are available across Hart House, including the Fitness Centre, Hart House Theatre and the Art Museum. Roles include event production, program delivery, customer service, facility support, hospitality and more.
View the postings below, or visit the Career Learning Network and find the Hart House position that’s right for you.
Current Career and Volunteer Opportunities
March 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019
The Hart House Literary and Library Committee is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to fill the role of Summer Curator of the Hart House Library – one of the most unique and inspiring libraries at the University of Toronto. The Summer Curator is responsible for the maintenance of the facility and its collection. Become a part of this wonderful tradition and make a difference in a truly amazing establishment.
- Experience with the Hart House Literary & Library Committee is an asset
- Experience working in a library and/or a demonstrated interest in literature and libraries
- A current Library Sciences student is preferable
- Ability to work independently and self manage deadlines and priorities
- Strong team management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with databases, searching, queries, data entry
- Familiarity with Library Thing and social networking applications
- Recruiting, coordinating, and managing volunteers to help maintain the Library
- Identifying and executing improvement projects for the Library
- Shelving and re-alphabetizing books
- Labeling and cataloging new purchases and donations
- Overseeing Library database program and insuring patrons’ comfort with its use
- Seeing that damaged books are rebound
- Designing showcases
- Oversight of the Hart House Library’s social media presence including the blog, facebook, twitter, and website
- Attending all Literary and Library Committee meetings
- Reporting any issues to Program Advisor as required
- Other projects as agreed upon
The average time commitment is between 4 – 8 hours per week with a paid honorarium for this position. This is a summer position, but with a possibility of continuing into the next academic year.
Apply with a resume and cover letter via email to Trish Starling,
Integrated Learning and Community Engagement Coordinator at Hart House.
Subject line: Hart House Library Summer Curator
Deadline is February 24, 2019
Discover the inner workings of live theatre. Get involved in the season’s programming and join the blend of students and professionals, actors, playwrights, dancers, directors, musicians and technicians in a unique formal and informal educational opportunity. Be a part the University of Toronto’s Performing Arts Leader Since 1919.
Contact Gillian Lewis, Education & Production Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.978.6392
For more information visit the theatre’s volunteer information page located here >>
Clubs & Committees
To find a club or committee that speaks to your interests, visit our Clubs and Committees page with a complete list of all the clubs and committees as well as information about each one.