Details: Get Crafty! is Hart House’s series of free weekly drop-in craft workshops. We make cool crafts that will satisfy your creative cravings. We provide everything: tools, materials and even tea and cookies! We’ll make amazing crafts together to keep or give. Catch up with old friends and meet new ones over all things crafty at Hart House.
When: Every Thursday, starting Sept. 17, 11 am–1 pm
Where: Reading Room, Hart House
Cost: Free, all materials provided
Winter & Spring 2016
- Jan. 14 – Vision Boards
- Jan. 21 – DIY Custom Stamped Journals
- Jan. 28 – Votives
- Feb. 4 – Felt Beaded Patches
- Feb. 11 – Valentine’s Day Cards and Love Letters to Syrian Newcomers in Collaboration with the Hancock Committee
- Feb. 18 – Get Crafty and the U of T Sustainability Office Host the Toronto Repair Café*
- Feb. 25 – Painted Beads
- March 3 – Chromatography
- March 10 – Mini Pinatas
- March 17 – Come on Spring in Collaboration with the Sustainability Office Painting Pots, Planting Seeds, and Seedbombs
- March 24 – Giant Tissue Flowers
* Get Crafty and the U of T Sustainability Office Host the Toronto Repair Café on Feb. 18: A Repair Café is an event where volunteers who love to fix things invite members of the community to bring their broken things in to be fixed. They work together to understand the problem and find a solution. The fixers share their knowledge and tools to show the owners of the items how to do the repair. And it’s all free. This week we’ll be focusing on fixing jewellery and clothing repair. Bring your old clothes that need mending, or a treasured piece of jewellery that needs some love and we’ll help you to fix it with our amazing fixer volunteers.
Attend UTM? Get Crafty every other Thursday at the RBC Learning Commons.
When: Thursdays, 11 am–1 pm
Where: RBC Learning Commons, UTM
Winter & Spring 2016
- Jan. 14 – DIY Custom Stamped Journals
- Jan. 28 – Felt Beaded Patches
- Feb. 11 – Valentine’s Day Cards
- March 10 – Votives
- March 24 – Chromatography
- March 31 – Tissue Paper Pom Poms
See www.utm.utoronto.ca for schedule details.