Hart House Farm Committee
The Hart House Farm is an actual farm and much more. It is a beautiful 150 acre property located on the Niagara Escarpment, in Caledon, Ontario just 55 km northwest of Toronto. Since 1949, it has been owned by Hart House and managed by the Farm Committee and Hart House staff.
The Farm Committee has a fivefold mandate:
- Creating developmental policies within a sustainability and equity framework, including land use and building renovations.
- Organizing social activities at the Farm and on campus, including four seasonal events: Cider ‘n Song, Winter Carnival, Sugaring Off and Midsummer’s Eve.
- Organizing farm workdays, whereby Committee members partake in activities such as sugar bush maintenance, small agricultural projects, wood splitting and trail maintenance.
- Overseeing the proper use of Hart House Farm by various groups.
- Working in alliance with campus groups to promote sustainability.
Volunteers are always welcome!
How to contact us:
To contact our Programme Advisor, Marco Adamovic: