Céilí (kay-lee): a social event with Irish folk music, singing and dancing.
Hart House is going Irish on March 17th and throwing its first-ever Celtic festival of bands, bites and brews.
Details: An import direct from Ireland, our Céilí celebration is a traditional St. Patrick’s day event with a twist. Come with a circle of friends and join in on some Irish reels and hornpipes. Toast your pals and tip a glass of Irish ale. Indulge in some hearty fare–you had no idea that potato sundaes could taste this good–then stick around for Ena O’Brien and our headlining shamrock-band, The O’Deadlys.
Join us at Hart House for a modern take on an old tradition, and find out why everyone’s Irish on St. Patrick’s Day – Craic agus Ceol!
Presented by Hart House and the Celtic Studies Course Union
Check out what we’ll be serving at the Hart House Ceili:
- Potato sundaes–mashed potato cups topped with mushy peas and extra fixings – $2
- Irish stew–a traditional dish with fine cuts of lamb – $3
- Guinness ice cream–a decadent helping of frozen courage – $1
- Roasted vegetables with baby arugula, avotila sauce wrapped in a spinach tortilla – $2
- Glass of Red Wine (5 oz) – $5.00
- Glass of White Wine (5 oz) – $5.00 CDN
- Steam Whistle Pilsner (355ml bottle) – $5.00 CDN
- Guinness (440 ml can) – $6.00
- Emerald Mist Mocktail: Refreshing limeade and lemon-lime Soda – $2
- Soft Drinks: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, Tonic Water – $2
- Juice: Orange, Cranberry, Apple – $2
*All ages welcome / strict wristband policy / identification required for the purchase or consumption of alcohol
From neighbourhood pubs to the Ireland Fund of Canada, The O’Deadlys have lit up the room, large or small, with anything from traditional Celtic tunes to contemporary hits everyone knows and loves.