Céilí (kay-lee): a social event with Irish folk music, singing and dancing.
Hart House is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in style with Celtic music and dancing, food and drink.
Details: What can you expect at our Céilí? Live musical performances Ena O’Brien and our headlining shamrock-band, The O’Deadlys, folk dancing (the dances are guided, so everyone can join in!) and of course, Hart House’s famous food and drink menu, inspired by all things Irish.
Join us at Hart House for a modern take on an old tradition, and find out why everyone’s Irish on St. Patrick’s Day – Craic agus Ceol!
Presented by Hart House and the Celtic Studies Course Union
When: Fri., Mar. 17, 2017, 7 pm (doors open at 6:30 pm)
Where: Great Hall, Hart House
Cost: $10+tax / Tickets available soon
Ena O’Brien / 7-8:15 pm
The O’Deadlys / 8:30-10 pm
Check out what we’ll be serving at the Hart House Ceili:
- Potato sundaes–mashed potato cups topped with mushy peas and extra fixings – $2
- Irish stew–a traditional dish with fine cuts of lamb – $3
- Guinness ice cream–a decadent helping of frozen courage – $1
- Roasted vegetables with baby arugula, avotila sauce wrapped in a spinach tortilla – $2
- Glass of Red Wine (5 oz) – $5
- Glass of White Wine (5 oz) – $5
- Steam Whistle Pilsner (355ml bottle) – $5
- Guinness (440 ml can) – $6
- Emerald Mist Mocktail: Refreshing limeade and lemon-lime Soda – $2
- Soft Drinks: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, Tonic Water – $2
- Juice: Orange, Cranberry, Apple – $2
*All ages welcome / strict wristband policy / identification required for the purchase or consumption of alcohol
From neighbourhood pubs to the Ireland Fund of Canada, The O’Deadlys have lit up the room, large or small, with anything from traditional Celtic tunes to contemporary hits everyone knows and loves.