A series of free weekly drop-in craft workshops and afternoon tea and cookies.
Details: Get Crafty & ThursTeas is Hart House’s series of free weekly drop-in craft workshops and afternoon tea and cookies. Learn simple skills of a few different crafts and come away with a finished project. We offer workshops over the lunch hour, provide instruction, tea and cookies, and all of the materials in a comfortable, informal drop-in environment.
As set out in the vision, Hart House “…encourages and supports activities that provide spaces for awakening the capacity for self-knowledge and self-expression.” Get Crafty & ThursTeas aims to create a space where students and community members can engage creatively and discover new possibilities for self-expression through crafting.
When: Every Thursday from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Where: Reading Room, Hart House
Cost: Free / Tea and cookies will be provided
Fall 2012 Schedule:
- September 20 – Paper Wallets
- September 27 – Draw-String Bags
- October 4 – Friendship bracelets 2 ways: Chevron + Circle Pattern
- October 11 – Notebook-Making
- October 18 – Paint Chip Sample Bookmarks
- October 25 – Paint Chip Sample Pockets
- November 1 – Halloween: Making mustaches!
- November 8 – Felt Ornaments & Felt Brooches
- November 15 – Gift Tags & Gift Wrap Ideas
- November 22 – Studding with Stud Maven Mauro
- November 29 – Button-making
Get Crafty Gallery