Details: Get Crafty is Hart House’s series of free weekly drop-in craft workshops. We make cool crafts that will satisfy your creative cravings. We provide everything: tools, materials and even tea and cookies. We’ll make amazing crafts together to keep or give. Catch up with old friends and meet new ones over all things crafty at Hart House.
When: Every Thursday, starting Jan. 12, 11 am–1 pm
Where: Reading Room, Hart House
Cost: Free, all materials provided
- Jan. 12 – Custom-stamped journals: New year, new journal!
- Jan. 19 – Vision boards/Origami daruma dolls
- Jan. 26 – Merit badges
- Feb. 2 – Glass votive candleholders decorated with a watercolour effect
- Feb. 9 – Valentines to suit every size of feeling, from GIANT to mini. Join us in creating Valentine’s cards that celebrate your love for yourself, for someone else, or to sing the praises of connection
- Feb. 16 – Reading Week Open Edition / We’ll bring the button maker and a bunch of other materials to play with. Bring stuff you want to finish, or tell us something you’d like to try again
- Feb. 23 – Messages for strangers in public places: do you have something you’d like to say to the people you share public space with? From affirmations to calls of action, create mini-messages designed for discovery in public spaces.
- March 2 – Paper dyeing
- March 9 – Felt earbud cases and felt phone cases
- March 16 – Watercolour bookmarks
- March 23 – Mini pinatas / Perfect for a present or as a stash for an emergency sweets
- March 30 – Painted pots, seed bombs, and growing seeds with the Sustainability Office / Paint terracotta pots to plant seeds in, and make seed bombs for some local guerilla gardening.
For pictures, schedule updates and news, see our Facebook page:
Get Crafty Gallery
Hart House is here to help you live your best life on campus. This program is part of Hart House’s Weekly Wellness initiative, which includes free daily drop-in activities designed to help you de-stress, connect with yourself and others, and find your balance. Learn more about Weekly Wellness programs >>