Details: Hungry for social change? Feed your need by coming to our community kitchen events. At these events, we will feast on engaging lectures on social justice issues, fruitful discussions, and a wholesome meal.
Together, we will cook food and ideas.
Pool your resources and your culinary skills with others to create a cheap feast for the senses! Featuring a different guest speaker and menu at each event, this hands-on workshop emphasizes nutrition, health and the joy of good company.
- Spiced squash and carrot mash
- Carrot, beet, cabbage and apple slaw with barley
- Roasted leeks, potato and whole garlic with cilantro
- Tempeh stew with sweet potato, carrot, rutabaga and cauliflower, with creamy polenta
- Apple and pear clafouti and pumpkin seed brittle
To register online, please click here and select the “Food & Living” category, or you can contact the Hart House Information Hub at email@example.com, or 417 978 2452.
Note: Please wear full shoes (no open toes) and bring something to tie hair back with if it is long. Bring empty containers so you can take any extra food home!
View other Community Kitchen events here.