Details: Join us at the Hart House Farm for a beautiful fall afternoon full of delicious seasonal food, outdoor activities, workshops, music, and of course: apple pressing!
October is the perfect month to press freshly harvested apples into delicious cider! At Cider ‘n Song, you will have the opportunity to press apples harvested right at the farm into cider that you can enjoy hot or cold, and learn more about this longstanding tradition.
Bring your instruments and vocals for an Open Mic event with the Hart House Music Committee! We will spend some time in the outdoor stone amphitheater to bond over making music.
Enjoy the beautiful colours of the autumn foliage as you hike through forested trails and explore the cliffs and crevices at the farm. If you’d like a break to stay warm inside, feel free to bring a book, play cards, or participate in an optional workshop on making all-natural winter bird feeders. If you’re brave enough, bring a bathing suit and have an energizing dip in the ponds, followed by relaxing in the sauna! A fall harvest-themed lunch, dinner and dessert will be provided.
What better way to spend a beautiful fall afternoon than at the Hart House Farm?
When: October 2014 dates tba.
Start and End Times:
10 am – Bus departs from Hart House, 7 Hart House Circle; arrives at Hart House Farm at 11 am
7 pm – Bus departs from Hart House Farm; arrives at Hart House at 8 pm
Where: Hart House Farm, Caledon, Ontario
Please note that no children under 18 months will be allowed on the bus; any young child on the bus must be able to sit up on their own (support their own weight) and have a parent/caregiver sitting beside them.
Tickets are available at www.uofttix.ca
Driving Directions to Hart House Farm From downtown Toronto
- Gardiner W to Highway 427
- 427 N to Highway 401
- 401 W to Erin Mills Pkwy/Mississauga Road – Exit 336
- N on Mississauga Road to Olde Baseline Road (24 km)
- Right (E) on Olde Baseline Road (1.1 km)
- Left (N) on Creditview Road (Note: Creditview is a dirt/loose gravel road)
- Watch for the HART HOUSE FARM sign on your right (approx 1.7 km). The Farm is down the laneway (approx 0.5 km)
- 15911 Creditview Road
- Please park in the parking lot below the Farm House.
- Open to all students and Hart House members.
- Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather and for getting hands-on with the apple press (cider is a delicious but messy business).
- Dependent upon the weather, insect repellent and sunscreen are recommended.
- Bring swimming attire to enjoy the spring-fed ponds and sauna (no lifeguards are on duty so swim with a buddy or group).
- Pets are not permitted at the Farm.
Look up the Farm Committee on Facebook to learn more!