Hart House continues its tradition of free programming that engages the mind, awakens the spirit and acts as an incubator of thoughtful exchange, and a call to action for the curious and the concerned.
Born of a desire to address injustice, each documentary we screen is an exploration of the complex relationship between social justice, spirit and activism. This semester’s screenings follow our model of showing award-winning documentaries that represent a diverse landscape spanning local, national, and global issues of social justice, and giving audiences the opportunity to engage the filmmakers and activists involved.
- October 16, 2013 – Unlikely Friends / Wounds into Wisdom series
- October 23, 2013 – Stories We Tell
- October 30, 2013 – Force of Nature: The David Suzuki Movie
- November 6, 2013 – Fall and Winter
When: 6:30 pm screening time
Where: Debates Room, Hart House
- October 17, 2012 – Mississippi Cold Case
- October 30, 2012 – Courage / Special Presentation
- November 14, 2012 – Toxic Trespass
- November 28, 2012 – The Boxing Girls of Kabul / Commemorating the 40th anniversary of the removal of the ban on female participation in Hart House
- February 6, 2013 – Water Journey
- March 6, 2013 – The F-Word, Who Wants to be a Feminist?
- March 13, 2013 – Surviving Progress