Hart House 5-Buck Lunch* offers the U of T community a budget-friendly and exciting food adventure! Join us for a tasty and balanced meal and experience the flavours and cultures of the world. Whether you like sweet or savoury, comfort fare or spicy dishes, there is something to suit all taste buds.
On selected Wednesdays in the Great Hall from 11:45 am–2 pm
5-Buck Lunch is a social space where new friends are made, old friends gather and engaging conversations flow freely over delicious food. If your student group or organization would like to host a 5-Buck Lunch, please complete our application form below.
5-Buck Lunch dates for 2015 / 2016:
- Special 5-Buck Lunch: Mon., Sept. 28, 2015 – Presented by UTSU as part of Democracy Week
- Wed., Oct. 28, 2015 – Mindful Eating: Presented by Health and Wellness and Hart House
- Wed., Nov. 18, 2015 – One Bite at a Time: Presented by the University of Toronto Students’ Union
- Wed., Dec. 2, 2015 – Positive Space Lunch
- Wed., Jan. 13, 2016 – Presented by Summer Abroad
- Wed., Jan. 27, 2016 – Interprofessional Health Students’ Association (IPHSA) Outreach Lunch
- Wed., Feb. 3, 2016 – Multi Faith Centre for Spiritual Practice & Study
- Wed., Feb. 24, 2016 – Lettuce Feed You: Presented by the Heart & Stroke Foundation U of T Chapter
- Wed., Mar. 16, 2016
- Wed., Mar. 30, 2016
*Non-students pay $7.
Host a 5-Buck Lunch
Here’s your chance to organize a food adventure, help create a menu and bring awareness to your student group, club or organization. Faculties, Divisions and Departments are also welcome to apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for fees and information.
5-Buck Lunch brings the U of T community together to enjoy great food, engaging conversation and fun activities.
Hart House Vision:
Hart House is a living laboratory of social, artistic, cultural and recreational experiences where all voices, rhythms and traditions converge. As the vibrant home for the education of mind, body and spirit envisioned by its founders, Hart House encourages and supports activities that provide spaces for awakening the capacity for self-knowledge and self-expression.
Successful applicants will be required to meet with Meeting & Event Services department to plan and coordinate all 5-Buck Lunch details including equipment, set up and menu selection. Please contact email@example.com to coordinate. It is the expectation of Hart House that successful groups will promote this event to their members and networks. In addition, it is required that members of your organization are present at the lunch to oversee the event, run any planned activities, give out materials and other related duties as required. Hart House will provide staffing for ticket sales, food service and clean up.
Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis. We appreciate your interest in hosting a 5-Buck Lunch, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org