Hart House Players’ hosts Cabaret Night on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013! All performers welcome!
Are you a musician or singer with a song?
A dancer with a dance?
A comedian with a bit?
An actor with a monologue?
An improv group with a scene?
A magician with a trick?
A clown, mime, or physical performer with a routine?
A writer with a new piece?
Or something we haven’t thought of yet?
Apply to the Hart House Players Cabaret!
It’s a chance to meet other artists, show your skills, try out new material, blow off mid-term stress, and have a few beers!
Apply to email@example.com with the subject line CABARET APPLICATION by the 30th of October, 2013. Early submissions are encouraged!
Please include the following info:
1. Your name and contact info
2. A bit of info about you- have any performance experience? Are you a U of T student? Worked with us before?
3. A short description of the piece you want to perform (please include a script if one is available). This should include a summary, development/production history, and the technical requirements for staging your piece.
4. How long your required timeslot would be (1-10 minutes)
5. What do you need from us?
– Note that preference will be given to current U of T students.
What we will provide:
– A performance venue on Wednesday November 20th (the Arbor room at Hart House)
– An M.C. to introduce your performance
– Promotion for the show
– A microphone
– A simple sound system
What we MAY be able to provide upon request (please include such requests in your application):
– Lending some simple costume and props
– A limited amount of time in a rehearsal space
– Dramaturgical feedback on your writing/performance before the performance date
– Help connecting with other artists (for example if you are a writer trying to find an actor to perform your new piece at our cabaret, we’ll see if we can make introductions!)
Come out and have some fun with the Players at our Cabaret Night 🙂